With much acquaintance with the Do-it-yourself world, you’re probably already very accustomed to Bosch gts1031 vs Dewalt dw745.
It’s no doubt that both companies have secured a good reputation over the years, but the truth remains the fact that one of them have applied extra efforts in ensuring an outstanding and much better table saw.
Reading through every lines and paragraph of this article in sections that are yet to come would help do justice to every one of your reservations about each product.
Beyond the imaginations of Dewalt’s lovers, it’s only proper that Bosch stands better chances in this category. I’m not necessarily saying that Dewalt fails in any way. They are doing just great, and even think its price goes a long way in deciding how much of a good product it is compared to the cost of Bosch is attractive.
So if the price is your primary concern about choosing which product to buy, then you do just fine with Dewalt. But looking beyond that is where Bosch has come to stay in terms of its accurate, powerful, and highly effective transportation.
So now we can proceed to show you in details how one of each product surpasses the other while you decide which one to go for.
Similarities between Bosch Gts1031 and Dewalt Dw745
- One among other things that these two products have in common is a 10-inch carbide-tipped blade. These saw blades are rugged and capable of pushing through debris effortlessly. And the exciting thing is the fact that these blades can also last for about two decades.
- Each table saws has a 15Amp motor, which provides more power to your work, extra levels of clean, and accurate cutting.
- These table saws also have the same bevel angles.
- In terms of depth cut, the depth cut for the two table saws, Bosch gts1031 and Dewalt dw745 at 90 degrees, is 3-1/8 inches, while their depth cut at 45 degrees is 2-1/4 inches.
- They both possess the dust collector system.
- The Arbor size of the two table saws is the same.
Features of Bosch Gts1031
One thing that makes the Bosch GTS1031 so great, in my opinion, is its compact design with all the features you expect from a quality table saw.
- AMP Motor
The 15-amp motor is located just below the aluminium table, which contains replaceable brushes, enabling the saw chances to last longer. The machine tends to cut more and handle the DIY requirements that may seem demanding because the AMP Motor can produce 5000 rotations per minute. The flexibility extended by the motor makes it much easier for it to adapt to various functions and activities.
- 10-inch blade
The 10-inch table saw blade is popular because of its ability to make clean cuts, making the work much more manageable. It is highly durable and can withstand and handle hard materials. The blade pierces through hardwoods with ease, unlike steel blades. This blade leaves you in awe of how well it provides multiple and precise cuts that are just so unquestionable.
- Riving knife
A riving knife is a safety device installed on a table saw used for woodworking. The saw’s arbour is fixed relative to the blade and moves with it as blade depth is adjusted. By making use of a pin, the riving knife is locked into lower and upper positions. It receives the barrier guard, and you can remove this from below the saw.
It sticks with a lever lock while the anti-kickback device is then placed on the back of the riving knife so that the teeth can grab any wood brought closer by the blade.
A riving knife rides within the kerf, pivoting on the saw’s arbor concerning blade height to maintain an even gap between the two cut sides of the board, preventing jamming, which could cause the stock to be forcefully ejected rearward toward the saw’s operator. It also serves as additional protection for the operator.
- Maximum cutting depth
The maximum depth cut at 90 degrees is 3-1/8 inches, while at 45 degrees is 2-1/4 inches.
- Rip Capacity
The rip capacity to the left of the blade is 7.75 inches, while to the right, it is 18 inches.
The safety instructions noted inside the manual, the kickback feedback, and the riving knife ensure that we are safe even while operating. However, the safety features in the machine are easily removable without requiring additional tools. The riving knife and the anti-kickback device separates the two cut sections of timber, hence preventing feedback.
- Easy transportation
- High durability
- Motor requires little or no maintenance
- It is very portable
- You have to loosen the bolt when adjusting the blade stuck.
- It’s too expensive for people looking for a weekend table saw.
- The depth adjustment becomes sticky with time.
- Miter gauge is a cheap one that is often found on lower quality models.
Feature of Dewalt Dw745
I’d help you look thoroughly into having a sense of what Dewalt Dw745 entails and showing you how best it can affect your use of the saw.
- Power and motor supply
The DW745 possesses a 120-volt 15-amp motor that is suitable for a residential power circuit. The motor spins at 3850 RPM with no load and delivers a typical amount of power for this category of table saws.
The universal motor drives the blade arbor without the aid of a belt, and the engine tends to be loud. It definitely should have no problem whatsoever with those kinds of materials common for home improvement.
The power switch located at the front is done to use your feet to turn it off if your hands are busy operating the saw.
- Rip Capacity
The Dewalt dw745 is packaged with a 10-inch blade that has 24 teeth. The fence system can offer up to 610mm of rip capacity. The new edge can make a depth cut of 2.25 inches through 45 degrees tilt of the blade, making up to 90 degrees.
Dewalt dw745 lacks a zero voltage reset feature, so you have to ensure you take care of the power switch if you trip any circuit breaker. Where safety in operation is concerned, this model features standard safety equipment.
A clear plastic blade guard prevents your fingers from coming across the blade while still allowing you to see it. A riving knife behind the blade prevents the two pieces of cut material from pinching the blade, which can cause a very dangerous kickback.
- Miter gauge and slot
The mitre gauge is made up of one of the reasonably cheap plastics, and it’s also one of the weaknesses of this model. It lacks positive stops at standard angles like 45 degrees.
- Precise and easy to adjust the Rip fence
- Very compact
- Smooth cutting surface
- Durable construction
- Fence ruler is precise once calibrated.
- Mediocre mitre gauge
- Noise from the motor
- Unable to accept dado blade, Blade height adjustment mechanism may be prone to binding
Differences (Bosch gts1031 Vs Dewalt dw745)
- Dewalt dw745 is lighter than Bosch gts1031. This claim is made based on the grounds of how light the tool is. Weighing in at just over fifty pounds, it is slightly lighter than the Bosch (which comes in closer to sixty).
- Bosch gts1031 produces about 5000 rotations per minute while Dewalt dw745 produces 3850 rotations per minute
- There is no support for the dado blade in Dewalt dw745, while Bosch gts1031 supports dado blades with 1/2 inches.
- The maximum Rip capacity for Dewalt dw745 is 20 inches while that of Bosch is 18 inches.
- Bevel angle of dw745 ranges from 0-45 degrees while gts1031 is from -2 to 47 degrees.
Conclusion – Bosch gts1031 Vs Dewalt dw745
There’s absolutely no doubt that these two products perform pretty impressively. Having gone through the features and having a comprehensive understanding of how they both work, you can now proceed with your informed decision of knowing which product to go for.
But I assure you that based on your budget, when it comes to price, Dewalt dw745 is just the best option for you while you save a few dollars. It is very affordable for woodworkers on budget. However, if you’re looking for a much more compact, cost-effective design that is majorly for general purpose, then Bosch gts1031 has got you covered.
It could be that you’re in search of better performance, onboard storage, and dado blade support, then you can never go wrong with Bosch gts1031. However, the rack and pinion fence system present in Dewalt dw745 is absent in Bosch gts1031.
Also, Bosch gts1031 comes with a square-lock fence system which is less attractive compared to Dewalt dw745. The motor speed of Bosch gts1031 is higher than that of Dewalt dw745. In conclusion, all of these is majorly dependent on the buyers choice and needs.
But above all, the two tables saw products reviewed above are very good with great features and to make it simpler for you, they both have the same bevel angle, a standard arbor system, and a good dust collection system. So I hope I have been able to assist you in making your purchase decision much more straightforward.
- How to Fix Split Wood Table Leg
- Best Hair Dryer for Acrylic Pouring (Reviews & Buyer’s Guide 2021)
- How to Repair Split Wood Beams & Posts
Hey there, I am Joseph and I have grown up as a son of an enthusiastic woodworker and I continued in the craft after his demise. Above all, this site is in homage to my old man. He is the one that taught me to make beautiful things out of my woodworking experiences.
Sharing something so special with someone I look up to impacted me in ways that I cannot express. This is something that I want to share with the world. I am grateful to be able to share with our growing community online! Thank you all!
This page contains some tips, recommended accessories, tools, and extras that you might need to make your woodworking experience a success.